Homemade Chicken Soup for Friends with Colds
When my friends or family are sick, I like to bring them homemade chicken noodle soup. It warms them up and makes them feel at home. Plus, you get to see them and cheer them up!
I make the soup from scratch the same way my mom used to. It's healthy and seriously one of the best soups ever. I always set a little aside for my lunch!
Here's the recipe (yields about 10 servings):
Mom's Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup
1 rotisserie chicken
2 1/2 cups wide egg noodles
1 teaspoon vegetable oil (optional)
12 cups chicken broth
1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
1 cup chopped celery
1 cup chopped onion
1 cup chopped carrots
1/3 cup cornstarch
1/4 cup water
salt and pepper to taste
1. Add egg noodles to boiling water with vegetable oil. Boil for 8 minutes or until tender. Drain and rinse under cool water.
2. In a really big pot, combine broth, poultry seasoning and bring to a boil.
3. Add the entire rotisserie chicken (with drippings from pan), celery, carrots, and onions. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 15 minutes.
4. Carefully remove the chicken and add the meat back in, along with the noodles
5. In a small bowl, completely mix together water and cornstarch. Gradually add to soup, stirring constantly.
6. Add salt & pepper to taste
Use your creativity! You can also add peas, fresh garlic, basil, bay leaves, etc.
They'll love your thoughtful homemade gift, especially if they're under the weather.
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Your Gift Stories.